Monday, 30 March 2015

Overview and Background

Reason for this blog:

I'm a postdoc in a STEM field working in the west. I'm an Indian and am soon moving to India as a faculty in one of the Indian Institutes of Technology. I received an undergraduate degree from one of the IITs before I left India for my PhD.

Through this blog, I hope to document some of my experiences while I search for a job in India. I will try to write posts in a way that helps future faculty candidates in better understanding the system. Occassionally I will also write about academia and science in general.

A lot of my knowledge about the systems here are based on my own personal experiences as well as through discussions on other blogs. Specifically, let me mention Life in IISc, Nanopolitan, Dheeraj Sanghi, Kaneenika Sinha.

No comments:

Post a Comment